Alliance for Children is a non-profit organization sponsoring the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in Utah.
The CACFP began as a pilot study in the 1960’s and became fully funded and accessible to all by the late 1970’s. The CACFP is a federally funded program sponsored by the USDA Child Nutrition Programs and provides cash payments to participating family day care homes for serving nutritious meals and snacks to children in their care. In Utah, sponsors of the CACFP work directly with the Utah State Office of Education Child Nutrition Programs.
The CACFP plays a vital role in good nutrition for children in day care, improving the quality of day care and assists in preparing children to enter school ready to learn, and helps working families work. All activities and programs offered are designed to provide service, support and training to family child care providers in Utah.
Some benefits for participating with Alliance for Children are:
- A caring and highly experienced staff.
- Participation and all the benefits are absolutely free.
- Food program participation is a benchmark of quality that benefits your family day care children.
- Reassures parents that their children are in a day care home that is monitored for health and safety compliance.
- Cash reimbursement for serving nutritious meals and snacks regardless of family income.
- Reimbursement for meals to provider’s own children also available, based on income eligibility.
- Timely reimbursement. AFC offers direct deposit to provide efficient payments to family day care providers and child care centers.
- Free comprehensive Training Manual for CACFP compliance.
- On-line claiming. AFC offers you the latest technology with free on line record keeping through Kidkare.
- AFC supplies all the forms and envelopes to make participation easy and convenient.
- Free, training workshops with convenient locations throughout the State of Utah.
- Sample menus.
- Free Newsletter every other month.
- Support by phone, email and in person.