Alliance for Children is a non-profit organization sponsoring the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in Utah.
Alliance for Children helps to ensure that children enrolled in family day care homes receive well balanced, nutritious meals. The Child Adult Care Food Program provides cash reimbursement to eligible family day care providers. Participation and all benefits are absolutely free.
It has been proven that children who receive good quality, nutritious meals from birth through school age begin school with a distinct advantage over those children who have not had such meals available. Children learn faster, retain the information longer and have fewer behavioral problems. Alliance for Children has been a Utah sponsor of the Child Adult Care Food Program since 1989.
Some benefits for participating with Alliance for Children are:
- A caring and highly experienced staff.
- Participation and all the benefits are absolutely free.
- Food program participation is a benchmark of quality that benefits your family day care children.
- Reassures parents that their children are in a day care home that is monitored for health and safety compliance.
- Cash reimbursement for serving nutritious meals and snacks regardless of family income.
- Reimbursement for meals to provider’s own children also available, based on income eligibility.
- Timely reimbursement. AFC offers an option of direct deposit (click to DD advantage) to provide efficient payments to family day care providers.
- Free comprehensive Training Manual for CACFP compliance.
- On-line claiming or mail-in claiming. AFC offers you the latest technology with free on line record keeping through Minute Menu Web Kids.
- AFC supplies all the forms and envelopes to make participation easy and convenient.
- Free, training workshops with convenient locations throughout the State of Utah.
- Sample menus.
- Free Newsletter every other month.
- Support by phone, email and in person.
- Toll-free phone number.